Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CONKLIN GT7 FOR 499:00 SHOULD I ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    FELLOW BASS PLAYERS, I NEED YOUR ADVICE, THERE IS A CONKLIN GT7 FOR 499:00 AT A STORE NEAR ME,(FLOOR MODEL) ITS BEEN THERE FOR A LONG TIME AND THEY DROPPED THE PRICE TO GET RID OF IT, IS IT A GOOD DEAL? SHOULD I GO FOR IT? PLEASE ADVISE, I DONT WANT TO MAKE AN EMOTIONAL DECISION. HOLLA BACK!

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    My opinion? If you like the way it plays and sounds, get it, play it, and if you don't like it, sell it on Ebay for what you've spent on it.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's a very good price for a GT-7. If everything works as it should and you really dig the extra strings, I say go for it.

4. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Don't go for it dude, you'll be sorry! Let me know where it is so I can go and remove the temptation for you. I'm thinking about your best interest here. You really don’t want to take advantage of the good people at that store like that. What will people say?...........:D
    Also on a side note, typing in all caps is akin to yelling at someone (stupid internet etiquette)
    :rolleyes:
    Anyhow the CT7 is a great bass for the price and there are several people around here that use em.

5. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Er......7 strings, that is:D

6. DUDE! at the GC in concord in my area, there is also a conklin gt-7 there for $499. im going to get it.

i hope thats not the one you are talking about.