1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Conklin GTBD-7 needs TLC and good home

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nikki_k, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikki_k

nikki_k the i9 project

Apr 19, 2002
    Portland, Or
    Hi!
    Conklin GTBD-7 7-String Bass. $800 plus shipping.

Used, but beautiful, seven string bass by Conklin. Bill Dickens signature model. Comes with softcase (NOT a gig bag; this is between hardcase and gigbag, but very close to a hardcase type).
    Pics here.. Only negative: no pre. Original owner pulled it.

I tried to keep a steady hand while shotting the pics, but it was pretty rough, so I apologize for the blurriness. If there is something specific on the bass you want photographed, please let me know, and I will try to have someone stop by who can hold the camera steady (I am a paraplegic in a wheelchair).
    It is in excellent condition, one very tiny ding (shown in one pic) on the back by the control cover. Usual swirl type marks from cleaning, and even these are hardly noticeable. The only bad thing is the original owner removed the preamp. It is a passive bass now, but uses the original pickups. It sounds great, and I never felt the need to put a new pre in. On the positive side, the tech did fully shield the inside of the control cavity (properly). I do have the orignal pots and knobs (all three) that are missing in the photos. I will include those with the bass when shipped. The traditional Conklin locking jack was also replaced with a standard jack (pic showing it as well). I figure if the new owner wants to go active again, they can simply grab an NTMB or maybe an Aguilar or something. I cannot play a 7-string bass anymore, so I am selling this one and my 7-string fretless (already sold) to fund buying two new basses...hopefully that, and some nice tissues for the tears.

I will ONLY ship in the lower 48 of the USA. No exceptions, sorry. The bass case is 51" long, and the restrictions for USPS prohibit a pickup of something this large from my home, and I have no way to get it to a post office. UPS/FedEx would be pretty expensive. (If you are overseas, and can prepay some shipping company to pick it up from my door, let me know, and I might consider it). If you are overseas, I am happy to ship to a friend here in the states, but if you use Paypal, I can only ship to a verified Paypal user, and only to a confirmed address, NO EXCEPTIONS. I would much prefer to sell this locally. So, if you want to buy directly from me in Portland, Or, please let me know. If you know Portland, this will make sense: I am in SE, close in (39 & Division). Tons of refs, am ummm3 on ebay (over 200 feedbacks, 100% positive), and also ns9 on Jemsite with 3 itrader ratings, all positive (oh- an done here as a buyer!).

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is a great deal. Seven string is likely too much for me, but if I had spare cheddar, that sure would be a great bass to have around.:cool:

3. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    For those who are shy of seven strings, I was the same way until some of the seven strings guys here on TB talked to me about the Conklin. I took the plung for the first time, it was VERY COMFORTABLE AND EASY TO PLAY. This bass at 800.00 is about as good as it is going to get for a rock solid seven string. They really are nice. Just my 2 1/2 sents. So bump.

4. BR Audio

BR Audio Guest

Apr 13, 2006
    Interested..
    are you interested in any trades?? bass related or not??
    thanks
    Gil

5. nikki_k

nikki_k the i9 project

Apr 19, 2002
    Portland, Or
    Wow- wish I could do a trade right now. But, I bought a 5 and a 6 (and the 5 I bought is going thru shipping issues...bastards..) since posting this originally, and now need the cash to cover the expenses :(

6. nikki_k

nikki_k the i9 project

Apr 19, 2002
    Portland, Or
    bumper cars

7. nikki_k

nikki_k the i9 project

Apr 19, 2002
    Portland, Or
    on hold...

8. nikki_k

nikki_k the i9 project