Conklin Jean Baudin Signature

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Aug 21, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That is a huge bass, but Jean sure knows how to play 'em. Very sweet looking too, but my favorite is the PacMan bass.
  3. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    unfortunately its a repost, altough Jean still hasn't told the ppl his impressions on the thing.

gotta tip Bill to update the site...thats the june project and its almost september...
  4. I saw Jean play it at a Nuclear Rabbit show in Berkeley a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, he had a really really short strap on it which forced him to play it a little differently as you can see ....

We eventually found him a normal size strap for the rest of the show ...

I played it a little bit last week. It's a really nice instrument. Super light. The light birds-eye maple (?) looks great against the satin black finish. If he ever wanted to sell it, I'd buy it in an instant. Though, I'm sure he'll be keeping that one forever.

- Dave
  5. 9 strings? what is this guy, crazy or somethin'??

Jean's basses, like the man himself, are just too cool! can't wait to get my grubby hands on all the new toys one of these days...

from the lows,

6. Oh my goodness! Leo Fender must be rolling in his grave!

Seriously though, that's really cool. Sorta like a "Super-Sayjin" Geddy.
  7. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    that takes the award for "sleekest 9"
    If there is such a thing
  8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Good GOD that's beautiful!!! Speaking as someone who likes the classic jazz bass design the most, even I believe that Conklin builds the most beautiful basses on earth.
  9. Nice bass, but I could never play it live.....I'd have to take a break after tuning all those damn strings. Try finding that set at your local GC.
  10. What a beautiful looking bass!!! I have never heard of Jean Baudin, who does he play with?
  11. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I'd kill to see the P-bass equivalant of that. 9 strings, single PU, volume-tone. Hmm...
  12. Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

Nuclear Rabbit.
  13. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    He's also a fellow TBer around here. Keep an eye out for his "hideous claw"
  14. Here's another shot. This was when Jean his his low F# string so hard that it opened up the gates of hell. The rest of the band got sucked in but Jean escaped into the audience.

- Dave
  15. ROFL
  16. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    Thanks for all the compliments, guys.

It's a great bass and super light! I'm having a blast with the midi stuff too.
  17. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

So it's only tracking on the high strings correct? I really would like to do it on an E-C bass but after hearing how "well" it seemed to work I put that idea to rest for now. I'm just using a Godin multi AC for midi guitar recording.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

19. That is a hot bass for sure. If anyone can put it to good use, it's Jean!

His basses get wilder each time. :p