Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

conklin marco mendoza sig

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Sep 19, 2001.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    :confused:

hey, has anyone heard any news on whether or not conklin is gonna release a marco mendoza signature bass? every time i try to go to their website, my farkin' comp goes haywire...anyway, i guess the latest rumor was that marco is probably going to stick with his fernandes...bleh...

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I don't know what the current situation with the Conklin Mendoza sig. bass is, but I'm pretty sure that I wan't one. Click on the link below to get a peak at the Conklin MM's sleek body (and increase your G.A.S.) -

http://www.conklinguitars.com/infacegallery/face6images/mendoza6adescript.html

You can always e-mail Bill Conklin about the Marco Mendoza bass at conklin@conklinguitars.com
    He is very good about replying.
    (I would e-mail myself, but I have already e-mailed him 3 or 4 times on this subject a few months ago, and I don't want to be a pest :) )

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, i contacted Bill, and received an email from him almost immediately stating that the marco mendoza sig. bass unfortunately will not become a reality...he said he would be more than happy to build me a custom shop 6 string to my specs :D what a nice guy, though. man...mebbe one day...i have nothing but good things to say about conklins. heck, even the groove tools basses are awesome. oh well, too bad about marco...

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i couldn't resist sending him all the specs that would be present on my "dream bass"...and i got a quote (custom conklins are surprisingly affordabe)the next day with additional suggestions and an estimated timetable for building it. yup, great guy, that bill...

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    did you mention that you're my pal? that shoulda pumped the price up a bit :D.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i did even better than that...i told him that you were the guy that turned me on to his basses ( i even called you an investor)---and to show him how sincere i was, i sent him a piccy of me with your doubleneck!! :eek: :D heheh

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    uh oh, that'll do it. expect to pay 30% - 50% more now. :D

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, shoot,i thought that if i told him i knew you, he would deduct _at least_ 75%, seeing as how you've probably paid him enough to build a nuclear fallout shelter...and put all of his kids through college, for that matter... ;) heheh who are you anyway? :eek: :D

9. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    :( "sigh"