Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklin on Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tufnuts, Jul 16, 2001.

1. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks!!! Now I need to wipe the drool from the side of my mouth and shirt ;) Beautiful bass!

2. My guess is that JT would say that it's missing a few strings. ;)

It's quite nice looking.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, actually, that's exactly what i would say :D

4. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Very beautiful bass, but I never like their melted top (sorry JT). I would like it better with only one wood on the top, but it's still a very good looking bass!

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Guess I'm with you , Yvon...It's pretty, but not quite my cup of beverage o' choice.

Thanks for the welcome elsewhere, BTW.
    this is a great forum. Easy to waste the day away.
    I should be recording!

mark

6. I think the Melted top is what makes that bass. Being a neck-thru Conklin is enough, but that look it has is truely stunning. A lot of people can paint, not everyone can be to such a tolerance with woodworking to get such incredible results.

On a side note....Hey ya JT, a while back I got a conklin catalog / promotion package in the mail. One bass that really stuck out was a doubleneck/melted top/melted fingerboard bad boy. I'm guessin that's yours, and Bill conklin is using it for promotion? (Who wouldn't? It's amazing BTW)

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, actually, a few of my basses are in there. :D

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    awww its not good enuff for JT... it only has 5 strings... :D

DM

9. Yeah, thought I saw more than one. I haven't compared the book to your website, but it's hard to mistake that 2 headed beast.

10. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    JT-heres a quicker question-which basses in the conklin catalog aren't yours? :D

I think the 5 looks sweet & probably plays even better. Bigger Amp-next, truck or custom bass-reall tough decision [not joking]. thats all

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there's a couple in there that i wish were mine. (sigh) . i've told bill repeatedly, though, that i want him to let me know if he finds out about someone trying to sell their bass.

12. Tuomas

Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    What about that conklin7 in basscentral? It has one of those monster-tops too and 1999$ seems like a fair price..

13. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I assume this is put up for auction by a pawn shop (note the name CHIPAWN). Also, they've got it sitting on some computer boxes and there's afew cases of soda in the background. I really get to wondering what truck all this stuff "fell off".