Conklin Project of the month

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Conklin finally updated their ''project of the month'' site ( July , August and September)

once again , incredible work :bassist: Conklin leads my list of basses i want to play/own someday ( along with Ritter , JP Basses , Bee Basses etc. :D )

my favourite is the august project of the month bass
  2. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL

I didn't know Conklin used Warmoth parts....Gecko neck!

3. Dang, that second one is, dare I say?

4. Warmoth, eat your heart out!
  5. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    the bass loks cool except for the reptil inlays, dont like the way they're randomly set on the neck other than that, sweet!

with some luck mine could end up in the POTM gallery, should get a new pic next week hopefully....
  6. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    one of the nicest Conklin i've ever seen!
  7. don't you have some news regarding your bass ? how long have you been waiting ? :confused:
  8. OK, looks really great! I dig the fretless with same figures as neck thru!
    On the two others, knobs looks really near, quick shift will be perhaps hard to do!

9. that wouldn't bother me :D i want them :bawl:
  10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Your bass will easily be my favorite Conklin ever!
  11. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Im not really sure I like conklins that much. I feel like they dont fully appreciate the inherent beauty of each wood. I mean, of course they use spectacular samples and do great things with them, but when I see multiple laminates on something like a fretboard or a top, I find it really hard to appreciate the beauty of the wood (as opposed to the beauty of the design, which is what I end up noticing more).

Plus they all have the same shape (of which Im not a big fan. Its kinda boxy) and a lot of the "nicer" ones seem so loud.

This doesnt mean that I dont like any Conklins, but Id like to see what their minds would come up with if they had to design something simple, like a basic 4-string J.
  12. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    12 months in october, month of completion, its getting coats of finish presently. :hyper:

emjazz- It truly came out visually like i had expected it,you know, you picture it in your mind, then you see it and its just IT

if you liked the first shot, bills last words on e-mail about its present status were "'re gonna flip!" :D