Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

-Conklin Question-

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mudvayne4ever, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Mudvayne4ever

Mudvayne4ever Guest

May 2, 2001
    Conowingo,Maryland
    Can anyone tell me what the Conklin GT 6 strings are running in price? I'm interested in maybe getting one,any help would be appreciated,thanx. -Luke

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i have some horrible news for you there, buddy....they don't make gt 6'es. bill was about to start building a marco mendoza 6 string, but he backed out...for a fernandes gig, iirc. the mm sig was sweet, too...gorgeous carved body....really yummy, man. you can see it on the in your face bass gallery at conklinguitars.com it's the carved 6. so, if you want a conklin 6, you'll have to spec out a custom shop bass with bill. which _ain't_ a bad thing :D awesome basses, if you have the greenbax.

3. Mudvayne4ever

Mudvayne4ever Guest

May 2, 2001
    Conowingo,Maryland
    Argh,someone gave me some wrong info. = ) Well,looks like I'll keep searching for that Cirrus 5 or 6 to pop up in my price range. Thanx Neptoon.

4. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    they do have 5 strings....and they are worth it..

5. yeah,

of you could go 31337, and get the concklin 7-string bill ' the buddha ' dickens sig..

;)

6. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I play 6, but I tried a GT7 once, and I didn't think it was much harder to play. You could always make the jump to 7!;)

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, try the gt7. :D

8. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    I have only played one Conklin yet. It was a 7-string and the headstock was so heavy that it was REALLY hard to hold the bass in a comfortable position. But it had an extremely well sounding low B.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think JT Would be proud that I'm VERY seriously thinking of getting a matched pair of GT-7s, one fretted, on fretless...am I insane?

Yes. Yes I am...Though not as insane as JT...but then again, few, if any are. :p

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    something to aspire to, eh? :D

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hell, why not? I'm down with 7. That's 4 more strings I won't use ;)

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    there's nothing you can do on a 6 that can't be done on a 7...and the gt 7's are awesome basses. not just for the price, but they stand by themselves. premium woods, great craftsmanship, plus you get a great elex package...can't go wrong with barts! you should check them out.

13. Mudvayne4ever

Mudvayne4ever Guest

May 2, 2001
    Conowingo,Maryland
    Well,what's the price range of the GT7's,new and about what would they be used? Thanx for any help,Luke

14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Man, i'm really craving a 7 string guitar now.. I MEAN BASS,,, BASS,,,, *Ducks hurled objects* :D

15. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    check here...gt7's can run anywhere between 700-900 bucks. i think guitar centers sell them for 999. the bd sig basses are a little more with different pickups, preamp, and is a through neck bass vice bolt neck. i like them both, but they're different.

16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    666 UPSIDE DOWN! Again,,, only kidding, i actully think a 7 string in the futare would be a nifty little toy.

17. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    take the plunge and get a 7, you can't go wrong.

You won't regret the decision.

Do it I say, do it.

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    JT...when are you gonna bite the bullet and get a 14, or 21 stringer? :)

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What is your price range? There is a nice Cirrus 6 for sale down in the Classifieds Forum. $900, IIRC.

20. Mudvayne4ever

Mudvayne4ever Guest

May 2, 2001
    Conowingo,Maryland
    Just waitin' on his reply. = )