Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklin Single Cut!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boofis, May 17, 2004.

1. Hey
    I came upon this Conklin single cut! Its so sick! I love it! The design is crazy! :bassist: :hyper: GAS! Any comments? Kpd dovl od oy@ ( Try working that out hehehe! ) hp vpml;om@
    Thanks
    Troy

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I've seen that before around here.... its Prog's isnt it?

3. If you like that, you're gonna love this:
    [​IMG]

4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    :eek: I'm in love! :smug:

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    The single cut is a nice design.

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I WISH!!! LOLOLOL!!! :p

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I like the Sidewinder shape better. Nice though.

8. Is that a hollowbody too? i love it!

9. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Anyone know what the deal is with that pickup config on the nine string?

10. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    That's Al Caldwell's bass. The output is divided so that he can run the treble and bass strings to two different signal paths. That's why the pups are configured the way they are.

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

ah well, not the first or last time ill be wrong :)

12. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Oh well, NBD.. My new 8 should be finished up this week!! :hyper:

13. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Nah, that sc is not my cup of tea, Al caldwell's 9 makes my GAS reach dangerous levels tough. What top is that again? :meh:

14. i do. that melt is one of the best ones i've seen. i would like to own a conklin.

robb.

15. I don't usually like the looks of Conklins, but that one makes my jaw drop. I want one, no need one, right now...

16. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Here's another pic of these two..

[​IMG]

17. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    i have to say i dont like the 7 single cut as the top horn does not seem the go far enough. i enjoy the conklin shape of the bigger instruments as the hugre top horn balences it out. where as this doesn't. the 4 is nice a is felt the horn went too far on the smaller range basses. i realise this is being picky. but just personal preference. like al's bass though.

18. Hey
    I NEED THAT SINGLE CUT, THE MELT ONE! GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!
    Thanks
    Troy