Conklin to discontinue the GT-7 and the BD-7?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, here's what I've got:
    That came from an e-mail to a dealer of Conk's when asked about a Bill Dickens model. (not by me)
    Anyone else heard anything?
    Sorry if this thread was started somewhere else, I checked through the current topics (3 pages) and didn't see anything, so I figured it safe...
    I always thought a seven string would be cool to bang around on, prolly not my thing, but I know there's alot of people out here who like them...
  2. Both models still sell very good on the used market. I imagine it's not something average music stores sell a lot of though.
  3. That would be a shame, but I guess they may have saturated the market - anyone who was going to buy one has bought one, or will be able to buy one secondhand from someone who wants to sell one. Quite a few people buy them, realise it's not for them, and pass it on. And so on.
  4. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    This was talked about on another forum that I frequent, and one of the users received an email from Conklin saying that there are no plans to discontinue either line. The amount of truth in that users post is beyond me, but its somewhat reassuring.