Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklins need to find a specific

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderboy, Sep 14, 2002.

1. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey, ive always known that conklin were good basses. I got to play on one for the second time this week and i want to get one i know there from anywhere to 500 to like 4,000 or so but im looking for a good 4 or 5 string for about 1,200-1,600. I would like it to have a nice wood work such as flamed maple or burl. If possible put up a link to the site that has one with these specs.

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    How about Groove Tools?

?

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Conklins don't run that cheap unless you're getting a Groove Tools model (click here to see- .Conklin Website). The cheapest basic model you can get in a four-string is the New Century, which'll run you about $2200 with no extas (and no fancy top either.) Jeff's right on with the Peaveys as far as price and woods. You can get a DP Custom with your specs for that price range too.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I removed the Peavey post. I didn't read the title of the thread, or the first post closely enough.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, I thought your response was right on!

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks. They were closer to the price range he mentioned than any USA Conklin will be.

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    keep in mind that you can find pretty nice custom conklins used in your price range. just gotta keep your eyes peeled.