1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Connan O'Briens Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by WildBill, Nov 27, 2002.

1. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    Does anyone know who this guy is. He's very good and I wanna find out what kind of basses he uses. On last nights episode he had a very nice Fender Jazz, but he plays a different brand of bass all the other nights.
    Thanks
    -Bill

2. i don't know his name but i do know that hre plays an exspencive jazz knock off by mike lull

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Mike Merritt. He's a NYC session bassist (and son of a session bassist) and as mentioned above he normally uses Lulls and I've also seen him using vintage Fenders, a Zeta educator and Sadowsky. He lists all his gear on his website:

http://mikemerrittmusic.com

brad cook

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Man, i saw him one night, he had this AWESOME looking ashbory type bass. it had a QUILT TOP AND looked just amazing. maybe i stayed up to late. maybe i was seeing things, and i think i spelt "spelt" wrong as well ash... ashbry?? God danget.

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    He is a bad ass cat. I love that jump swing riff he plays at the beginning of the theme song every night. Great tone also.