Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Connan O'Briens Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by WildBill, Nov 27, 2002.

1. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    Does anyone know who this guy is. He's very good and I wanna find out what kind of basses he uses. On last nights episode he had a very nice Fender Jazz, but he plays a different brand of bass all the other nights.
    Thanks
    -Bill

2. i don't know his name but i do know that hre plays an exspencive jazz knock off by mike lull

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Mike Merritt. He's a NYC session bassist (and son of a session bassist) and as mentioned above he normally uses Lulls and I've also seen him using vintage Fenders, a Zeta educator and Sadowsky. He lists all his gear on his website:

http://mikemerrittmusic.com

brad cook

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Man, i saw him one night, he had this AWESOME looking ashbory type bass. it had a QUILT TOP AND looked just amazing. maybe i stayed up to late. maybe i was seeing things, and i think i spelt "spelt" wrong as well ash... ashbry?? God danget.

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    He is a bad ass cat. I love that jump swing riff he plays at the beginning of the theme song every night. Great tone also.