1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

connect amps.... urgent!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkymunky375, Apr 12, 2009.

1. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  3. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  4. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Actually i want to hear why he want to do that.

Your 200 watt rig is enough already, that warwick 30watt combo will do you no good.

5. wildhorse

wildhorse

Mar 15, 2009

Funky,
    Are you wanting to do this because you like the preamp section of the Warwick.... then use a guitar cable from the lineout of the warwick to the effects loop in of the Acoustic.

There doesn't seem to be any amp modeling on the warwick like there is on my Roland Cube 100.

So like everyone says, why? The Acoustic sounds great on it's own.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Subscribed.

7. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    It's possible that the OP is confused, and only owns the Acoustic head, not the associated cabs, and he wants to connect the head to the speaker of the Warwick.

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    If he does that he'll end up with no speaker in the Warwick!

Paul

9. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
  10. funkymunky0202

funkymunky0202

Apr 22, 2009
    I want to use the "head" section of his combo amp and connect that to the cab

:confused::confused:

i really wanna know

11. brianbj46

brianbj46

Aug 11, 2006
    madison, wi
    you want to use the warwick combo to power the acoustic cabinet? sorry, unless you take the combo apart and rewire it, it will not be possible. If you did, you probably wouldn't get very much volume out of the 30 watt combo head anyway.

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I don't think you can, and even if you could, you wouldn't get any good results. The Warwick combo amp is a small, good quality bedroom practice amp. It has no other purpose. If you also own a speaker cab such as the Acoustic 15, you now need another amp to complete the rig. Your combo is not that amp.

13. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    I was also confused by this question, then my memory kicked in. I seem to recall that, as a kid of 14 I figured that adding a bunch of speakers would mean more volume. Maybe this is the case here.

14. thebrince

thebrince

Apr 21, 2009
    Suwanee, Ga
    honestly its not a good idea. the speaker will overpower the head and your head could catch fire. i seen this happen before. it wasnt on a bass amp though it was on a mixer. the dude hooked up all the speakers in series instead of having some linked in parallel. it over powered the mixer and it ignited into flames.