1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Connect Moog LFO into IE FrantaBit Exp Input?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by amfmsb, Jan 10, 2012.

1. amfmsb

amfmsb

Dec 16, 2007
    Can I do this safely instead of plugging an expression pedal into the FB? Moogerfooger in question: Ringmodulator.

2. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    I think Taylor's pedal's expression inputs DO NOT accept an LFO (you'd need a CV input for that).

3. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    That's correct. No IE pedals respond to CV and you could potentially break one or both if you tried to connect them. This is on the website and the Xerograph manual, but I need to make it more clear in the other manuals that the expression jacks only accept passive expression pedals, so thanks for bringing this up.

4. amfmsb

amfmsb

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks for the input. What a horrible thought- breaking an IE and Moog in one shot. Lame.

5. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Is there any way to use an LFO to control the exp?

6. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    There are a couple of companies that make LFO pedals that will work with passive expression input. Check out the CopilotFX Broadcast, and I believe Robot Factory makes one similar.

I have a broadcast and it works pretty good, but the nature of the design makes it not as easy to control as, say, a software filter, or similar. Nonetheless, it is TONS of fun to use with the Xero and Franta.

7. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks