1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Connect my laptop to my bass amp head?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by haf096, May 2, 2015.

1. haf096

haf096

Feb 8, 2015
    Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to connect my laptop to my Ampeg Portaflex PF-500 to use it for effects, like a pedalboard, no that exactly, but something similar.

I have:
    Ampeg PF-500
    Ampeg SVT18 Cab
    Laptop Acer:
    -Intel Core i5
    -6GB of RAM

2. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    If you have an audio interface you can run effects from your laptop. You'll need an interface, a DAW, and whatever effects plugins you want to run. Signal would go from your bass > interface > computer > interface > amp.

Be aware, I would buy new from somewhere that takes returns. There are so many factors to consider when buying an interface that I can't cover them all here but I'd say at a minimum you need 1/4" ins and outs and USB 2.0.

3. haf096

haf096

Feb 8, 2015
    You mean something like this? https://piensaencorto.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/guitar-link-copia.jpg
    Or this? http://www.behringer.com/assets/302USB_P0ADV_Top_XL.png

Can you give me a link about other stuff I may need? :) Thanks.

4. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Where would you plug your guitar into the Xenyx? If you're not going to do any of the work, I'm not either.

1/4" ins and outs (a real out, not a headphone jack) and USB 2.0 (or 3.0 but not really necessary in your case I think)

Edit: From what I can tell there is nothing in the Behringer line up that I think is right for you. On the lower end of the price spectrum I would look at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  5. CatSquare

CatSquare

Mar 7, 2014
    If your Acer has usb3.0, I'd get an interface to match. FireWire would be ideal because it's lower latency than USB