1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Connecting 2 amps, one without a preamp in...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by olaff421, Oct 29, 2006.

1. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    I currently run an SVT-5 PRO pushing a PR410-HLF. I've been thinking about getting another 410 cab, or a 15. What I've though about doing is running the SVT-5 bridged into the original 410, and slaving my old Hartke 7000. The only problem is that the Hartke doesn't have a preamp in. Where should I connect them? Can I run the pre out from the SVT into the instrument in on the Hartke? Or would the effects loop work?

2. Run into the input of the hartke, see if that works

Or, run into the effects return, that should work, and should also bypass the EQ section of the hartke.

3. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    Yeah, I don't really want to pick up any of the EQ from the Hartke. I just want to use it as a power amp. I still need to hunt down another cab to do it with. I'm just trying to figure out how I can do it.