1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

connecting 2 heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Filthybass, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I have a ampeg svt 4 pro,a gk 800rb..a peavey 8x10 & a peavey 4x10,should I plug into a "y" connector into each head,or plug into one head and run fron out jack to in jack on other?..i know mist people match equipment,but I dig ampeg and gk,as far as peavey cabs..you cant break em,last linger than keith richards..my goal is to get best sound..maybe dedicate one head for highs,other for lows..some ampeg rock settings would help as well..thanks

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Is this a "because you can" situation? because, I can't think of one good reason to do this. And you would not chain them in the way you described. Running them both in stereo, from a stereo fx pedal would be easiest, and at least give you the option of running a stereo fx rig. But, the why still eludes me.

3. Simpler:
    Connect 800RB to 8x10 cab.
    Turn all knobs to noon.
    Plug in and rock.

4. checkout this switcher ~
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampl...neering-tonebone-bigshot-aby-passive-switcher but to split freq.‘s (highs/lows) you need to biamp and you can’t with your amps