1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Connecting Aguilar DCB D2 Pickups to Sadowsky Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by phillipkregg, May 2, 2018.

1. My Sadowsky preamp has a "solderless" connection to the pickups - so this should be fairly simple.

But after looking at the wiring diagrams for the pickups and the preamp, I had a question that I figured someone here may have insight on.

It seems that there are 4 inputs into the blend control for the pickups - 2 inputs for the black ground wires from the neck and bridge, and 2 inputs for the white hot wires from the neck and bridge.

The Aguilar pickups have 3 wires - black, white, and grey.

Assuming I have the above right, what do I do with the grey wires?

Here is the Sadowsky preamp wiring instructions:

MMYhRjf.png

And here is the wiring diagram for the Aguilar pickups:

mI07rtj.png

2. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Twist black and grey together and connect to the ground connections on the blend pot. Or you could ground the grey wires in another spot. Electrically it doesn’t matter, you just need a clean connection to ground.

3. Ah ok gotcha, so it's basically just an extra ground wire?

4. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Yep. If I recall (I’m still at the salt mine) black is signal ground and gray is for shielding. They’re at the same electrical potential, though.

phillipkregg likes this.