1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Connecting multiple amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brick Top, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Brick Top

Brick Top

Dec 7, 2008
    Michigan
    This may seem like a stupid question...but I want to be sure before I go ahead with this.

I have a Behringer BX4210A and a G&k 800RB. I want to use the behringer internal drivers(2 X 10 and a tweeter) and use the 800rb to power a 2 X 15 Hartke.

The behringer has a send/tuner, a line out and a DI(post EQ). The 800rb has the regular guitar input jack as well as a return jack for effects.

I am assuming I just plug my guitar into the behringer, and use the line out to the guitar input of the 800rb. And change my settings to taste from there.

Does this sound right?

Cheers,
    BT

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    There's a few ways to do this. But, with what you've got, I'd suggest running them in stereo with either an A/BY, or a stereo effects pedal. (it'll have 2 outputs, one for each amps input). Otherwise, you'd want one amp to be the "master", running a cord from that amps effects send, or preamp out, into the other amps, (slave) effects return, or power amp in. The first amp has the eq, second is just power.

3. Brick Top

Brick Top

Dec 7, 2008
    Michigan
    Thanks Rickenboogie. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna blow something up. Looks like the house is gonna rumble today.

Cheers,
    BT

4. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Experiment and see if you like the results.

The two cabs may not sound good together, and lugging all that around may not be worth the effort.