1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Connecting my Bass Station 2 as a MIDI for Fl studios and Ableton

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Misc Boy, May 11, 2020.

1. Misc Boy

Misc Boy

Apr 26, 2020
    Hey guys,
    I just got a Bass Station 2 and I was wondering how to connect it to my laptop (I have Windows now but a MacBook coming in a few days) as a MIDI keyboard (still not exactly sure what that is) if anyone knows that would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have any MIDI cables right now but I do have the usb that goes straight into my laptop. I also have the scarlet studio 2i2 2nd gen I think

2. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The USB is enough. I have Ableton 9, so if you have a different version it may be slightly different.

Go to "Options\Preferences\MIDI Sync" In control surfaces select Bass Station and make sure the input and output are turned on. In the upper right corner (under the close button) is a midi signal light. Any time Ableton is receiving midi, this lights up. Hit your keyboard a couple times and see if it lights up.

Misc Boy likes this.
  3. Misc Boy

Misc Boy

Apr 26, 2020
    thank you so much, do you know how to do it with fl studios perhaps?

4. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've never used FL studios, but in every DAW I have worked with has been similar. Somewhere in 'Options' or 'Preferences' is a MIDI devices page, and you just have to make sure Bass Station is turned on as an input and/or output depending on your needs.

5. Misc Boy

Misc Boy

Apr 26, 2020
    Okay thank you

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021