1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Connecting my cab to my amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wafoleri, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. Wafoleri


    Jan 15, 2008
    Greensburg, Pa
    I have spent my entire bass playing years up until now with combos and have just now upgraded to my first amp+cab rig.

    So with this I bring the simplest question anyone could ask, but I just couldn't find the answer. To connect the cab and the amp do I just use a standard instrument cable?

    I also have the cable to connect the footswitch on my combo amp, which is different than an instrument cable somehow I believe(it says microphone cable), should I use this?

  2. you want a standard 1/4 inch "speaker cable"

    unless of course your setup involves speakon as an option.. but thats not important and doesn't sound like your situation anyway

    i dont know if you should use that, but no, instrument cables are not the same as speaker cables
  3. Instrument cables are shielded cables and typically only rated to handle the low level signal from an instrument.

    Don't use the footswitch cable either.

    Use a speaker cable that is designed for the purpose.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.