Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Connecting two amps?? Curious...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by frankencow150, Jun 19, 2005.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Ok so...I play a good amount of shows with my band, but I definitely do not have the cash to buy a halfstack rig. Currently I own one 200 watt Yorkville amp, looks like this:

[​IMG]

And a Yorkville 50 watt that looks like this:

[​IMG]

I was wondering...is there a way I could connect these two combo amps to make it more powerful? My friend says to use a Y adapter for it, which seems easy to me.

But the real question is...how much more power will it add? I need a little extra push to make it sound better live.

Thanks,
    Kenny

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    It probably won't make a difference. You'd be better off selling the smaller amp and trying to buy a cheap extension cab for the Yorkville.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    A Y splitter with one male and two female ends...

or, if one of them has an FX loop...

Bass---amp---FX send----amp

4. Sell the smaller combo and use that money + some cash and buy another cab, you can get another 15 yorkville cab used for pretty cheap, that would double your speaker area and make it a lot bigger for not much money.

5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Kenny, can your 200 run an extension cab?

What size of speaker is in the 50?

I am asking because maybe you can disconnect the pre/power section from the speaker of the 50 and use it just as an extension cab.

Whaddaya think?

:D

Joe.