Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

connecting two amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by edwoo, Nov 1, 2003.

1. edwoo

edwoo

Nov 11, 2001
    Hello everyone
    I know you guys are experts so I have a question for y'all. is it possible to hook up my fender bassman 200 to my old crate 25 watt amp, and use one as an effects signal and the other as a regular and clean channel??

2. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Sure. Easy way to do it would be to split your signal from your bass to each amp. You can get a cord (like a 'Y' splitter) from your music store that will allow you to do this. So, you split your signal from your bass, plug into each amp, and either run your effects through the effects loop of one amp, or, run your effects along the signal between your bass and one of the amps, thus onlyt effecting that amp. The other amp would have nothing between your bass signal and it, so it would be clean.

i tried doing a little diagram but i suck.

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Try running your bass straight into the 200 and then taking a cable from the effects send to your pedal and that to the crate. I did that a while back when i had all my gear here to use the 200 for the low clean stuff and the bxr 15 in my case for the distortion. Didn't sound all that bad considering the equipment. That's all

4. edwoo

edwoo

Nov 11, 2001
    hey thanks guys, I'll try to experiment and see what I come up with, should be a fun porcess