Connection Newbie...Help! Tech 21VT to GK800RB

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by schwitters0, Mar 25, 2014.

1. schwitters0

schwitters0

Feb 19, 2014
    Philadelphia
    Hello fine people of Talkbass, I have a very simple question I believe you guys could help me with.

I just bought my first pedal, a Tech21 VT Bass. I am trying to figure out the best/safest way to connect it to my Galien Kruger 800RB amp. On the amp there are 3 different places I could see plugging the pedal in: The input jack, a "foot switch" input, and "effects" send and return jacks on the back of the amp. Where should I run it through??

Also, when I insert a 9V battery to the pedal, even when I am plugged into any of these slots I am receiving no power. Am I doing something wrong? I have been trying to just connect the pedal to the amp (nothing connected to the "out" jack on the pedal) to just test that it works. Any suggestions? :help::help::help:

2. Bass lead into right side, input.
    Left side output into amp input.
    Play.

3. **** knows what you're doing with your battery, it may be dead, but plug it all in like I said and it should work.

4. ric4682

ric4682

Jul 2, 2008
    My Tech 21 Para Driver takes a few clicks of pedal before the light comes on when there's a battery in there and I'm plugged into the input. I first try plugging your bass into the standard input on the pedal then going from the standard output of the pedal into the normal input that you normally plug your bass into on your head. It seems that's how most people use it.
    Just like Downunder said.

5. schwitters0

schwitters0

Feb 19, 2014
    Philadelphia
    Great thanks I just wanted to get a second opinion before I screwed anything up!

6. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    The foot switch jack is for turning on/off the Boost in the 800RB. You definitely don't want to plug it in there.

7. dune2k

dune2k

Sep 26, 2009
    Germany
    Either Input, which means you are basically running two preamps at the same time & which works nicely if you want to have two different sounds ready, or Effects Return which means you use the VT Bass as the only preamp. Both have their pros and cons, just try what you like more.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021