1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

CONRAD BASS!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lilvampboyx, Sep 12, 2005.

1. lilvampboyx

lilvampboyx

Sep 1, 2005
    I know some of you are probally annoyed of my constant messages but this is my last one...i found out after days of hard work and editing I found out my bass is a Conrad...a very old one at that...my question is are conrad basses good basses...(if anyone knows of this brand) and since its such a old one is it worth rebuliding or leaving it as is....im planning to change one of the pickups to a j pick up and remove the ANNOYING 2 saddle bridge..its making it impossible to get it perfectly in tune...anyways..I think after these repairs and a few upgrades i think it will be a pretty good bass......any comments or advice for me??...I badly need it

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I think I used to have a Conrad copy of a Dan Armstrong bass. I think they were mostly a "knock off" maker, would make copies of existing makes and models but never really did anything "original".

Is there a builder you can trust around you? If the "bones" of the bass are good enough - wood, construction, wiring, etc. - than I don't see why it would be a bad idea to "upgrade" parts.