Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CONSESSION!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jun 28, 2005.

1. I hate spending 35 dollars on 2 sodas, 2 hot dogs, and 2 bags of peanuts just to see Cleveland wipe the floor with my boys. A good experience overall, but between the loss and the indegestion, not worth the money. Shoulda got tix for tonite. I predict they'll win.

There ya go.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Mon, I saw some of that game....ugly....

....particularly that "home run" where the Sox outfielder (forgot his name) let the ball fall out of his glove and over the fence...

Ouch.

...oh, and I got the cure for concessions, right here.

Gotta love low A ball! :D

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Man...what a horrible time of year for sports. Basketball is over. No hockey. Football hasn't started yet. I played baseball through my entire childhood, and I still don't get the attraction. I'll be going up to Cleveland to see the Indians in a few weeks, but only because my wife got free tickets at work.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like the Movie Theater.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Pat, if you're referring to watching baseball on the tube, I'm with you, can't do it.

However, if you are GOING to the game, it's pretty cool.

I've got a great setup here in Greensboro, they just built a brand-new stadium for the team, great sight lines from everywhere in the building (even concessions! :D ). Oh, and it's right across the street from my house, which is a block from the shop...

...and they're playing a 4th of July night game, so I get to sit 4 rows back from home plate, watch a game, then fireworks, and it cost me all of $9!

:cool:

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That was the one highlight I was able to catch on Sportscenter this morning... I loved it (no offense to BoSox fans)!

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Weren't they once the Greensboro Bats, or is this a new team all-together?

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Yes, they were the Greensboro Bats...I'm not "sold" on the new name ("Grasshoppers" :spit: ), but the stadium and team are great.

I believe they were also known as the Hornets at one time, and were even featured in "Bull Durham", along with the old War Memorial (WWI "war memorial"! :eek: Circa 1919) Stadium, which is about a 5 minute ride from the new stadium.

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    How about them A's... coming back baby!

last win? 16-0 WHAAAAAAA:)

Go A's 5 in a row so far:)

Cant wait for the day Oakland A's move to San Jose and become San Jose A's YAYAYAYA

10. Ooops, looks like I jinxed it.