Considering a small board – do I buy duplicate pedals, or…?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassed in NZ, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Buy duplicate pedals

22 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. Move key pedals to small board, run other pedals from extra board in front of small board

15 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Move key pedals to small board, insert other pedals from extra board with cunning switching

10 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Suck it up - what's the problem with a large board?

47 vote(s)
    46.5%
  5. Buy a couple of duplicate pedals and move other back and forth

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

I think you made the right choice. YOu may have also tempted me to try some effects.

2. Bassed in NZ

Bassed in NZ ...in search of the impeccable groove...

Feb 22, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Thanks man. Yeah, a little bit of colour from some effects can go a long way - let us know what you're thinking.

3. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser

Feb 17, 2011
    New England
    Thats a nice, clean setup you got there Steve!

Its pretty close to what I have in mind too. And I totally understand, chorus, e-filter, octaver, delay... these wont be in play most of the time, so looking at them just sitting there whilst I step on the overdrive and booster/eq is kinda frustrating. But knowing they are there whenever I need them is very comforting. Like pulling a tone out of my pocket whenever I feel like it!

Glad you found a solution. :)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021