1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Considering an Ashdown MAG 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MarchingPig, Jul 17, 2007.

1. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Heideli ho people. I´ve currently got a SWR Bass 350 and a Mesa 2x10 RoadReady. Now that isn´t loud enough for me (is it for anyone?), and I´m considering buying a MAG 410 deep cabinet (8ohm of course). Is there anyone that can give any tips or info about such a combination? Will the Mesa work well with the MAG?

I suppose people are wondering about what my "sound" is. I play rock (alt. rock, prog rock, adkfjhb rock?) and use a few effects with it, like the whammy, flanger, fuzz, chorus etc. My band is downtuned to C#, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: The reason I´m considering the MAG, is because I´m all out of coin.

2. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    the mag is really good for it's price!
    I don't know how it will soudn though!

3. chrisx666

chrisx666

Oct 15, 2006
    Yorkshire UK
    I agree with Willem. At EU266 (new) I cannot imagine much else being as good.

I'm sure it will be loud, but exactly how it will sound mated to another cabinet is difficult to predict. I'm guessing it will be fine.

4. Hmm... The MAG410T cabinet is a great cabinet for its price.
    But in your situation when you tune your bass to D#, i don't think MAG410T is a smart choice, or not what your looking for. I once was very interrested in this cabinet, i tried it... not anymore :meh: The Low-end isn't good, but the high-notes are great.
    In a D# tuning i don't think MAG410T cabinet isn't what your looking for.

I recommand you try the cabinet by your self.

5. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Alright. Guess I´ll try to find a shop nearby that has it. Thanks guys.

6. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    By the way, any cabinets in that pricerange that would be suited for my C# tuning?

7. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    I use my mag 410 cabs in drop D and keyboard bass alot with no problem. True these cabs have a warm midrange but can still give you that chest thump.

8. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Anybody use it with a 5-string? If that works ok, my 4-string in C# shouldn´t be a problem at all..

I´m hoping it can compliment my mesa 2x10 a bit. It kicks ass, but I get very little thump from it.

9. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Bump?

10. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    Depending on what head you have you can always get the 4x10 and maybe in the future add on a 15" or two 12's

Thats my plan, I'm buying a 4x10 very soon to compliment my new ampeg b2re

I'd tell you how it sounds if I could try it out for myself.. I'm very anxious

11. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    I´ve gotten it and used it for two rehearsals (with my Mesa 2x10), and it works great. The volume is sorta low when I´m clean, but that is my amp. When I kick in my Boss ODB-3, I get a wall of sound. :)

12. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I love mine, I play in DADG and the cab works great, go for it,
    best bang for the bucks IMHO

mag.

13. wayshot

wayshot

Sep 25, 2006
    Namsos, Norway
    I use a MAG 410T with a MAG-300H and a 5-string bass. It seems like the cab does have problems reproducing the low B as it's weaker sounding than the E and A strings. I'll probably get a 1x15 in addition to the 410 for fatter bottom.

14. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Might be. My downtuned (C#) 4-string sounds great. The cab is supposedly very "mid-heavy" though.