1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

considering getting a motorbike / scooter

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cossie, Apr 15, 2010.

1. cossie

cossie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hey,

I'm weighing up the options of what sort of motorised transport to get and I've been saving up some money for the last year to be able to pay for it.

I'm quite hampered with cars as I've got a degenerative bone condition in my right hip which makes it very difficult and painful to use the clutch, accelerator etc in a car. There is the option to get control "paddles" mounted around the steering wheel. Which only adds extra cost to a car as well as my insurance.

The hip thing means that touring / cruiser style bikes are the most comfortable for me to ride. But added to that is the fact I'm 6'5" and I weight ~250lbs so I think I might be too big for a scooter.

I also doubt that I will be able to lug my bass or even my amp around to gigs? I think this will probably make me have to get a van / car. I'd need the bike for going to work too, as I can't keep up the long bus rides for much longer!

Does anyone regularly travel to their gigs with their gear on a motorbike?

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    There is no way I could fit my gear onto a motorbike with me, and I am not a large man.

3. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Burgman?

4. cossie

cossie

Apr 29, 2005
    Yeah I've been looking at a Burgman as a possibility. I think I'll have to go and check out a bunch of bikes in person, I'd really just be traveling in and around the city at low enough speed so something like that might work.