Considering move from Ibanez sr405 to Warwick Streamer Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by v0ltaire, Jun 21, 2002.

1. v0ltaire

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey guys,

I'm a drummer, but I pick up bass quite a lot because I really like the low end. I've currently got an Ibanez SR405 and while it serves my purposes well, I've been fascinated by Warwicks since I got the chance to mess around on a Thumb 4 Bolt-On at Guitar Center. However, they've never really been within my budget. I like my Ibanez because of the fast neck. How fast is the neck on a Streamer Standard. Is a Streamer Standard a step down from an SR405? Any help will be most appreciated. Please don't flog me for my ignorance. I spend most of my time beating skins but when I get in the mood I like dropping the low end. Thanks guys!
  2. maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    The Streamer Standard is an excellent bass;
    it has all but the bridge the same hardware and electronics of the top line ones.
    Very woody sound, compared to the "artificial sound" of soundgears, just try both'em unpplugged and hear the difference
  3. Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    You'll find the Streamer Standard to be quite a different bass from your SG405.

I think you'll have a choice of purchasing the 1 or 2 pickup version... the 2 is well worth it for the additional tones you're able to dial in.

The neck (last time I checked) is made of wenge which is essentially similar to that of the 'vette and thumb b/o, although I think ovangkol might be used in view of the wenge shortage. Still, its nice to know it shares some common features with the more expensive models.

The pickups are passive though, as opposed to your SG405. Shouldn't matter that much as it has a pleasant passive tone.