1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Considering new pickup and electronics for my Carvin LB76

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by markkoelsch, Sep 16, 2008.

1. markkoelsch

markkoelsch

Sep 6, 2008
    Hello,

I am considering upgrading the pickups and electronics in my Carving LB 76. Mine is about 8-10 years old, have the stacked jazz style pickups in it, and the Carvin volume, pan, bass, and treble electronics setup. It sounds good, but I just want a bit more out of it, with possibly a little less brittle sounding highs. The bass is made completely out of oiled mahogany.

Being that this bass is pretty narrow for a six string I think my options might be a bit limited. The option I have most considered is the Bartolini 69J, as they appear to be a direct replacement. I am not sure what other options might fit the spacing and pickup dimensions. I am looking for suggestions, and reasons why someone my suggest a particular pickup.

On the same note, I was thinking of the Bartolini NTBT 4.5 A/P. I realize there are more options out there, but I am again looking for recommendations and reasoning.

I appreciate it,

Mark