Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

considering switching rigs, need input

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 8, 2006.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've been playing an all Gallien-Krueger rig for the better part of the past year, and overall I've enjoyed it, but I'm starting to think I need something more powerful and with more low end than my SBX cabs. I'm the kind of person who always has the bass control turned up all the way. I was thinking maybe I should consider something more powerful, or at least that I know will handle the amount of bass I throw into it. I've considered trying Aguilar, Ashdown, or even going back to Genz Benz. No matter with what I go with, I'd prefer either an 8x10, 6x10, or 4x10/1x15 rig and I'd be trading my GK 1001RB-II and 410/115SBX towards it. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Keep the GK head. Find speakers that can handle huge amounts of bass boost. Nobody will like playing with you, but you'll get a huge rumble going that should drown out everyone.

3. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    what about the GK head through Aguilar's GS412? I bet that's bass heavy and loud...