1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Considering trading my Bass Whammy...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by drpepper1, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I am considering trading my bass whammy... I was thinking abou 300$ trade value.

You think it is ok?

They go on ebay around this one?

2. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Brand new they are $200.

3. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yea I think since the re-release, they have gone way down.

4. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Especially since the new ones are even better so you don't have that vintage value to help you out.

5. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I think you would have a tough time getting more than $150 in trade value. More than that someone is going to want the new one. They are soooo much better.

6. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Honestly, I'd sell it on Ebay. It seems like there have been quite a few that have sold for that range still. They are probably avid Tool fans who think that since JC uses the old one, that's the only way. I'd jump on it quick though before the price dips even lower. It's only a matter of time before you can't make any cash on those older models.

7. yeah unfortunately I have to agree, I have the new one and before I got it I was willing to pay a bit more for the old one, but now that I have the new one, I can't justify the prices. this happens from time to time with gear. I hear digitech is going to be redoing the meatbox soon, if you have one of those I'd sell it right away.

8. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    EXACTLY! Even more of a reason to try one. If you get it and dont like it, it usually means its not for you. I remember wanting one for so long. I kept trying them in stores and wanting to like them but just wasnt gel'in for me. Then I got into octaves and stuff like that and the released the new one. I preordered it and received it. I love mine!! So much fun and so many cool things you can do with it. If youre just in a blues band or something like that, you probably wont use it. But if you want a really fun pedal to play with amd or youre in a pretty open band, then grab one. Its totally worth it. You shouldnt have any issues flipping it for almost what you plaid for it here on TB if you dont like it.