1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Constant crackling output, Warwick Corvette STD

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SN2351, Jun 15, 2012.

1. SN2351

SN2351

May 19, 2008
    Hey, I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong area, but I wa hoping I could could get some help in diagnosing a problem I've been having.

I have a Warwick Corvette 5 string standard (ash body, non german made model) and I have a problem with the electronics that I can't seem to understand. It outputs a constant low volume crackling sound as if you were moving the lead in a poorly made output jack, or if you were moving the pots on a cheap onboard active eq. :meh: I checked the output jack and had it serviced for such but it did not resolve the problem. From tooling around inside the cavity i noticed that it might have been a bad solder from the 9v to the active electronics. I could record a sound if it would help.

What I'm asking, I guess, is if anyone viewing has had a similar problem, and if it's the electronics (MEC), the pickups, a faulty jack, or anything that would lead me to some kind of solution. I broke a cable soldering, from the afore tooling :D, so i'm deliberating whether or not to get it fixed during the service or just D.I.Y. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Sorry to hear you're having an issue. Your best bet is to have a competent technician inspect things. Its possible there is a cold-solder joint, or disconnected wire. Components are sensitive to heat, etc from a soldering iron, and if you've been "tooling" around inside the cavity, it may be good to get a check-up from a tech. Also, be sure you've got a fresh battery! Feel free to PM me clear photos of the cavity...I will assist you in any way possible. Thanks!