1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Consumer Question - Ashdown Content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by McHack, Feb 28, 2008.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Well,

I just noticed that the Ashdown Klystron 500 has just found its way into the Musicians Friend catalog.... priced at $1850.

:eek:

No sign of the ABM EVO III, so I'm guessing the price point will be close to that of the current model EVO II, which MF has listed for $750.

Both models come equipped w/ built-in compressor...

I'm struggling w/ the motivation to be interested in a Klystron, when its priced more than DOUBLE of the models we've already been enjoying, just in a new case. And the luxury of knowing it was made in England.

Does anyone else feel this way?

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    The EVO III's will be shipping in May/June.

3. MattOfSweden

MattOfSweden Playing for time

Feb 2, 2008
    Sweden
    Oh man, is the ABM 500 EVO II (III) listed at 750 USD? :eek:
    In Sweden it's more like 1100 USD - gets you planning a trip to the states... :D:bassist:

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Oh I know. I'm really more curious why someone would spend the 2.5x the money on a Klystron. The new case DOES look sexy, but thats alot of cash for the case.

5. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    I'm pretty sure it's just for the upgraded case and the "britishness". Unless they add something to the Klystron line that the ABM doesn't have I can't imagine they'll sell very many of them, especially with the current economic climate...