1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Contact Lens wearers, heads up! ReNu MoistureLoc = Nasty Infection?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassthumpa, Apr 12, 2006.

1. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Heads up, lens wearers and eye juice droppers.

I don't use their stuff anyway, so I'm good to go. Seems that many cases were tied to just the Moisture Loc, but I'd personally stay away from all of their stuff until everthing is sorted out.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, I just started using that stuff and my eyes started killing me, never thought it had anything to do with that.

Good news is I've been wearing glasses for the past week and my eyes are starting to feel a bit better, but no contacts for me for a while.

3. before i decided to get LASIK, i had been using that stuff for the past six months. i never had any issues with it. of course, i also make it a point to use some of my wife's alcon opti-free stuff every so often. i get uncomfortable eyes after prolonged use of any product. mixing up the brands every so often has helped reduce it greatly.

robb.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    How is the Lasik working?

5. appler

appler Guest

I'm surprised and grateful that I've never tried ReNu. I've used Visine for contacts, Blink, Tears Naturale Free/Forte, and Opti-Free Express rewetting drops. Blink seems to be a good balance between lubrication and rewetting the lens. I've only been using it for a few days but it's my favorite so far. If I get fungus in my eyes I'll let you all know.