1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Contacted by member with 0 pots!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by simongpaez, May 2, 2006.

1. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Have you been contacted by a member with 0 posts, 0 Feedback and no info on their Profile , to sell or buy anything.
    If so what are your thoughts?

2. withdevil

withdevil

Apr 23, 2005
    Dallas,TX
    i thought ppl who dont smoke

3. no...but if i was, i would sell them stuff, so long as they paid for it beforehand

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No problem selling if I have money in hand. Only buying unless I knew them outside of TB.

5. probably a lurker who wants your gear enough to sign up for an account to message you. Just make sure u get the cash before sending or meet in person like usual. We all have to start somewhere *shrug* This doesn't belong in "basses" section.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'd be careful, but wouldn't necessarily rule out doing a deal. I just did a deal with a member with like 20 posts, and it made me nervous at first, but he turned out to be a great guy and the deal went very smoothly.

7. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    I'd be quite upset if I was ready & willing to buy, but was turned down because I'm new. Happened to me on ebay a couple times. :(

8. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    No pots? Where does he put the plants? :rollno:

9. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    heeheehee :p
    Knut effryone kahn beeh ah goob spiller.

I got a question booted from Yahoo answers today for "not being in proper English" Something like "Wahy kaaahnt eneewon ohn her eeyoosh da shpeelshecker?" :confused:

10. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    I sold to an amp to a guy with no posts or feedback, transaction went fine.

11. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

This is TalkBASS, right? I'm assuming the guy didn't contact him for his grandma's meatloaf recipe... Maybe he had a BASS question. Go figure...

12. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Make sure he uses paypal. If he tries the old Western Union or wire transfer tactic be very wary. Get his full name, address and ph number then call him at home. Better to be safe than sorry.

13. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Tony Oppenheim registered to talkbass just to send me a PM.
    Now I feel important :)

14. I can't belive I read right over that spelling error without any notice till I saw your post!

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You know he's safe if he offers you one of three things:

1. A new mortgage on your home.

2. A pill that will make your crank longer.

3. The opportunity to help the top general of a former king of any African country.

Those are all signs that you should DEFINITELY do business with this person.

bc