Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Contacting Dr. Bass??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scotius2001, May 18, 2004.

1. Anyone out there made email contact with Marc at Dr. Bass lately? I've sent him several emails of late to resolve a cabinet issue and I get no replies. Just trying to determine if he's not responding at all via email or if I'm being avoided. Haven't been able to phone him during business hours due to personal scheduling...

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I think hes perty busy ive emailed him about a cab and hes replied within a day so just give him time i think :hyper:

3. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I know that he's been pretty swamped lately. He told me that it's like every bass player in the country got their tax refund at the same time and they all ordered cabs. A good problem to for him to have but it can be frustrating for some of his customers. I'm sure that he'll get to you ASAP. Sorry to hear about that.

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Curious, what kind of issue? Do you mind getting into it a little? Got a pretty strong feeling though, whatever it is, that Marc's going to do whatever it takes to make things right. Just think that's what Dr.Bass is about.

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I just sent him an email at 9 AM, and he replied to me by 10 30 AM...

6. Don't want to imply that he's not on the level until I reslove this but I bought a cab that was damaged in shipment for which FedEx did NOT compensate (said his shipping container was insufficient when THEY supposedly recommended it). It falls in his lap as the shipper unfortunately and he preferred to offer me a credit for another cab which I considered but now I have immediate financial issues and have requested a refund according to his trial policy. I've sent him no less than 4 emails in as many weeks that have all gone unanswered. This transaction is months old and I'm getting worried. I know he's busy but frankly, there's no excuse for this. I'll be calling him as soon as I have a chance...

7. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    yeah I just wrote Marc an email too. I know the operation is not that big, but that is why keeps costs down. I think that is why the website does not get updated. THey have many other cabs that are not on that site. I suggest calling him or put his name on your AOL IM and try and catch him that way. Or just keep emailing him. I hope you get your issue resolved.

I hope I get my 2x12 soon......

8. Just to update, I got a reply from him yesterday. Appears there have been some ghosts in the machinery eating up email replies. At any rate, we're working it out and Marc continues to be a stand up guy.

Just wanted to make sure he and his operation remain in the appropriate light.

9. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

10. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeah, happy to hear you're getting it sorted out.