Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Control plate for tele bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thurisarz, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I've seen tele basses where there is 3 knobs on the control plate but i haven't seen where you can buy a 3 knob control plate, who makes them and where can i get them?

Thanks! :bassist:

2. On my Telecaster of doom I just drilled out the hole on the switch slot.

3. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
  4. They build tons of stuff for lots of people, if they don't fabricate the plates, they know who will.

5. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Actually the tele bass control plates we sell we get from another supplier who in turn has them stamped overseas en masse. We do make all of our necks, bodies, and pickguards here in the USA, but most of the hardware parts we get overseas or from Hipshot.

It would probably be easier to make one yourself from some brass plate stock (it's fairly easy to drill and sand) and get it plated. Somebody like Hipshot could probably stamp you one, but setup costs would be in the hundreds of dollars.

6. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Is it possible to just drill another hole in the 2 knob version, there seems to be some space?

7. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Possibly, but you'd want to make sure that there was enough room under the plate to mount all three pots that close to each other.