Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Controlling effects send - A poser

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Elliott, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Elliott

Elliott

Mar 20, 2000
    I want to control my effects send/straight sound mixture with a volume pedal. Any ideas?

My old SWR Redhead had an effects blend knob and I guess that is what I want to control with my volume pedal: I want to have my regular sound, but add the effects to taste for emphasis.

I have a WT400 and tried to run the volume/effects chain from the effects send, but the volume pedal will turn everything down, when all I want is to turn the effects down.

"Y" cord? Signal splitter? :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I just saw reference to the Boss LS-2 pedal to put an effect loop before the amp. Any other ideas?

2. With my SWR WM 12 combo, i ran a distortion into volume pedal within the FX loop. I could then add the distortion signal into my sound with my foot. You can do this with any amp that has a side chain FX loop (like a mixing board). Sorry but I don't think Eden amps have this.

BOSS LS-2
    What about this - bass into LS-2 > put the mode switch to A+B Mix then put your FXs and volume pedal in loop A and a straight cable in loop B (meaning plug a 3 foot cable from SEND B into RETURN B).

You'd have control of the wet & dry signals with the A & B Level knobs and you could still adjust your FXs with the volume pedal.

Does that make sense? I think it would work.

3. Elliott

Elliott

Mar 20, 2000
    You've helped name the problem I have - the Eden does not have a side chain effects loop, which is what I need to slide the effects in and out.

Making a side loop out of the Boss pedal is the next best alternative, seems to me. Thanks for your help.