1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Controlling effects send - A poser

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Elliott, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Elliott

Elliott

Mar 20, 2000
    I want to control my effects send/straight sound mixture with a volume pedal. Any ideas?

My old SWR Redhead had an effects blend knob and I guess that is what I want to control with my volume pedal: I want to have my regular sound, but add the effects to taste for emphasis.

I have a WT400 and tried to run the volume/effects chain from the effects send, but the volume pedal will turn everything down, when all I want is to turn the effects down.

"Y" cord? Signal splitter? :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I just saw reference to the Boss LS-2 pedal to put an effect loop before the amp. Any other ideas?

2. With my SWR WM 12 combo, i ran a distortion into volume pedal within the FX loop. I could then add the distortion signal into my sound with my foot. You can do this with any amp that has a side chain FX loop (like a mixing board). Sorry but I don't think Eden amps have this.

BOSS LS-2
    What about this - bass into LS-2 > put the mode switch to A+B Mix then put your FXs and volume pedal in loop A and a straight cable in loop B (meaning plug a 3 foot cable from SEND B into RETURN B).

You'd have control of the wet & dry signals with the A & B Level knobs and you could still adjust your FXs with the volume pedal.

Does that make sense? I think it would work.

3. Elliott

Elliott

Mar 20, 2000
    You've helped name the problem I have - the Eden does not have a side chain effects loop, which is what I need to slide the effects in and out.

Making a side loop out of the Boss pedal is the next best alternative, seems to me. Thanks for your help.