1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Controlling MF-101 oscillation

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mucho, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Hi guys (and gals),

Regarding the MF-101 oscillation abilities: For a long time I mainly used my MF0101 mainly as a static lowpass filter. Lately I've been experimenting with cranking up the resonance and creating dive-bombs by varying the cut-off frequency. I find it difficult to control however (volume-wise). Does anyone have any tips regarding this matter? I like the over-the-top-rumble but I could do without a volume spike..

2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Check out Adi77's mp3 clips that he posted in two different spots in the Moog club in this forum. Sick stuff

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
  4. Cool sounds! However, do you (or anyone else) have any tips for controlling the volume when cranking the resonance (above 8)?

5. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Volume pedal and expression pedal connected to frequency are your only real options I would think

6. adi77

adi77 Banned

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    hi, i use the empress tremolo at end (it has a gain stage) or u could use a compressor after the moog to smoothen out the peaks.. if you have a preamp with send return (i use the ebs microbass II) you could tame the moog by using the effects send amount... finally if none of these options are available, you'll have to use the mix setting on the moog to tame the resonance, but you will lose some low end of the moog, the best resuits i got in terms of smoothening out peaks of the moog's synth is to use the env, mix and res on full, switches on 4 pole and smooth and then passing it through a compressor which is set quite squashy.you could work from these settings to get a tone that suits you more.. best of luck.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Mosfed and jasonmitsch like this.
  7. Thanks for the detailed response and tips, I'll try them!

adi77 and jasonmitsch like this.
  8. adi77

adi77 Banned

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    thanks baba :)