1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Convenient Amp Setup.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by monkeyboy1989, May 10, 2010.

1. monkeyboy1989

monkeyboy1989

Nov 12, 2008
    I am going to university september 27th and being a music student I plan to make serious efforts to get a band together. Sadly, as most of you know, you need an amp for such tasks.

However, for those who don't know, uni living arrangements tend to be sparse at best. So, I'll be looking for a smaller amp, possibly a 210 combo, preferably with the option to add a 410 for bigger gigs. I don't have the cash for a full on Head and a 610 or an 810 (although it would be nice :bassist: ).

So I guess the point of this overly long post is, do you guys have any suggestions for a 210 combo well suited to rock music? One that has a speaker out for adding a 410 at some point.

Thanks a lot guys.

Oh, if it helps, I'm rocking a MIM Jazz with maple finger board.

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Depending on your budget and if your looking to go with new equipment, I'd suggest a light weight head, (something like G.K.'s MB-200, 200 watts, 2 lbs., $249.00 or G.K.'s MB-500, 500 watts, 3.8 lbs., $499.00), and "two", 210 cabinets, (something like Avatar's Neo 210 cabinets, $319.00 ea.)
    Use one cab for rehearsals/small, low volume gigs, two when you need more volume and coverage. Two, 210 cabinets will cover most gigs.
    A single 210 doesn't make for a good and loud stand-alone "rock" cab, (you have to use a 210 cab in the context of it's only two tens).......but...two, 210 cabinets are a different story.
    Something else to think about, you might look into used equipment, something that if it walked off out of your dorm room, it won't break you. (Happened to me...:rollno:)