Converted to Conklin

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dirty Road Cola, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    This should prove Mr. Turner quite happy..hehe :)

I went to Bass Central today to help out around the store, and after we finished up, I asked if I could putz around on some of their extended range basses (read 6 strings. ) I tried a Warwick Thumb 6 and was majorly underwhelmed. I tried a Streamer Stage I 6, it was great, but I can't afford 2.5k.

Then I tried the Groove Tool's 7 string. Man, this thing was great. Awesome B-string (better than the Warwicks) and its sound was really articulate. Problem is, I don't need a 7 string ;) So I'm gonna start looking at Czech Spectors, but if I ever do need a 7+ string, I'm gonna call Mr. Conklin. Even for a production model, they frigging rock.
  2. i dont think john will be happy til you actually buy the thing ;)
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Dirty RC, they should be coming out with GT 6 stringers any day now.

If you really liked the GT7, the GT6 would probably be as good.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, the 6 string that they are coming out with is going to be the marco mendoza signature model - the mode is very contoured, there are a lot more custom electronics on it, more on par with the bill dickens model, and they will be available in fretted and fretless models.

glad you dug the 7. :D
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yah know, I'd swear that JT is the Darth Vader of the bass world. always bringin fools to the dark side, allways working for the Emporer Conklin...sheesh, now if we had light sabers (pups?), we'd have a full blown Bass Wars.
    (James Earl Jones Narrator voice)
    A long long time a go, in a gig far far away...
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    if you only knew the POWER of the DARK SIDE!

7. It's sad that the 5 and 4 string GT models don't have the same p/ups as the 7... The barts sound so much better than the other p/ups. The 4's and 5's are just being pawned off as budget models to the"top of the line" 7-string. I'm glad the six is getting it's own "identity".

Sep 10, 2000
    i wanna be in the Mos Eisley Cantina Band!