1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

converting 3-way switch to blend

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rickenbaker, Jan 19, 2012.

1. rickenbaker

rickenbaker

Jul 20, 2007
    I've got a bass right now with a 3-way switch on it and a preamp installed. But I was planning on switching out the preamp and adding a blend control and using the switch as a mid-freq selector instead (aguilar obp-3). So would it actually be possible to do what i want with that bass I have?

2. rickenbaker

rickenbaker

Jul 20, 2007
    no not a blade switch. like a three-way toggle. i was trying to find a preamp that incorporated a switch so i didn't have a useless thing on the face of the bass. Could I just disconnect the switch from the circuit just to have the blend?

like a les paul toggle. it goes from one pickup, to both, and then the other. I'm wanting to get a blend control instead of the 3-way switch

3. You can do that if you want. The tone might get darker with the extra resistive loading.

Use the switch with a passive tone control to select between two capacitors, or something.