Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Converting Hartke kickback 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JJBluegrasser, Jun 6, 2003.

1. JJBluegrasser

JJBluegrasser Wannabe Snazzy Dresser

Apr 17, 2003
    USA, Raleigh, NC
    Hi all,
    Please don't flame me if the answer to my question is already on here somewhere :confused: I used the search engine, but couldn't find the answer to my question. I have a Hartke kickback 15 that I used to use all the time. I've recently upgraded my rig to a QSC1602 pushing an EA 1x12. Now I just have the Hartke sitting around. I might use it as a practise amp, but I was wondering whether it made any sense for me to convert it into a 1x15 cab and power it out of the other channel of the QSC. The Harkte is currently something like a 120watt speaker. Since the cab is already tuned to a 15, would have any luck sticking a better 15 speaker in there, attaching a speakon connector, and driving like an extention. I might also wire it so that I could still use it as a practise amp if I want.

Feel free to tell me this is a stupid idea. I don't really need this, and I don't want to throw money at something that isn't going to sound good.

Thanks for your help!

Jason