Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

converting pedals to rackmount

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Is there anyone that you know of that does this job, i say on Roscoe Beck's website that he had a guy named Lee Jackson do it but my computer wont let me get to his site. is thre anyone else that does this or is it possible to do it myself? thanks a lot, nate

2. I stuck all of mine in a rack with a DMC switcher. It worked great. I controlled them all with the "Ground control" MIDI pedal and called up rpesets of the loops. Kept them all off the floor and presettable. I guess you could also strip open all your boxes and mount them into a rack box....couldn't be that hard. I don't know if you would run into grounding problems or what.

3. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Being a "knob tweeker", I like to keep my pedals on the floor. That way, I can manipulate my effects when i need to. I use a furman pedalboard. The DMC is a great switcher though. If you don't need to change your settings on stage.

4. I don't even use my GCX any more. It is way more fun to have your toyz on the floor within easy reach and tweaking range. My Ground Control is gathering dust too. My rack is dead....long live my new pedal board.