1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Converting stand along pedal keyboard...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by praisebass, Apr 18, 2010.

1. praisebass

praisebass

Aug 20, 2009
    Missouri
    So, I'm interested in getting a pedal keyboard to play bass with my feet (with my shoes on!) so I can double on another instrument. I want to see if I can convert pedals keyboard from an organ or is it better to just purchase a purpose build Roland - I doubt if I could spring for a Moog at the moment.

What other choices are out there?

Thanks,

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I did it with a set of pedals from a scrapped Hammond M-100 with a kit from Cano Electronics to convert the pedals to a midi controller. Last I checked, Cano went out of business, and they were just about the only ones that did it.

Roland does a set that I haven't had the chance to play with, but the advantage is that it can be programmed and has the a polyphonic mode. My Hammond pedals are monophonic, require a power supply, and are heavy as hell.

My Hammonds are a budget alternative, but I would certainly recommend the Roland or another similar version, unless you can score the Hammond pedals and a Cano kit cheap... I think I ended up spending $70 between the two, and a few hours with a soldering iron.