1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Converting .wma files to mp3's

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NKUSigEp, Aug 10, 2007.

1. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Alright...so I guess I was sick the day they covered this topic in class and need a little help on how to make my Windows Media files, mp3 files.

I'm trying to upload it to myspace and the site says it only accpets the mp3's.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Anyone?

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I use dBpoweramp

It's not free for MP3 conversion but there is a full function demo

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I paid the $14 for mine because I often need to convert large amounts of flac, shn and ogg files. dBpoweramp lets me right click -> convert to... just about any audio type to any other.

But I know a few people that used wma-mp3 without issues. I forgot about it when I saw the post.

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    foobar2000 is awesome, and you can do it in iTunes too.

6. I use audacity. It's not designed specifically for it, but it gets the job done none the less.

7. I agree, It's better to buy a software with more features and better performance as freeware and such, but since the OP just wanted the soft for an specific purpose I thought something free would be better:)

In another note: JAmes I listened to the stuff you have on Your Web, It quite amazing & nice the way you play.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Thanks! I needed that this week :)

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

iTunes.

10. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006