1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Convince me: NJ4 on Geddy Jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by i2k, Mar 7, 2008.

1. i2k

i2k

Oct 31, 2000
    Indonesia
    Hi Guys,
    I've read tons of posts here about which replacement pickup sounds good on Geddy JB. I've came to a conclusion than Nordstrand NJ4 will work for me. What I want is to thicken the sound while keep the high intact. I also plan to put a series/parallel switch to get a P sound-a-like bass.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the pickup. So tell me do I made a right decision ? Pls don't recommend me another pickup, this was a very hard decision to take (especially against Duncan Antiquity II & Fender CS 60)

thanks !!!

2. can't really recommend, all pickup purchases I have made are really trial and error, because no 2 basses are the same, and the same model bass with same model pickup will sound slightly different. And one pickup will sound different in different basses.

However you cannot go wrong with Nordstrand, or CS60 for that matter IMO (IMO because that is subjective as some people hate those also) :eek:

buy the pickups, don't like them, put them up for sale, use the money buy something else.

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I've got a set of NJ4s in my parts Jazz and I think they're great. IMO,YMMV,etc.