1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cool amp books

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hrgiger, Apr 13, 2009.

1. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    Just thought I would share this with you. I just got this very cool book entitled "The Peavey Revolution: Hartley Peavey: The Gear, The Company and the All-American Success Story" and I must say this is a very interesting book. 184 glossy color pages in 8.5" x 11" format. Lots of info about their many products over the years, and a lot of insight into the company's philosophy and humble beginnings. I highly recommend it! :cool:

On my to get list: "Ampeg: The Story Behind the Sound." This one is 288 pages and if it is half as nice as the Peavey book, should be hard to put down.

I got the Peavey book off Amazon (from the used and new link) and I see they have "used and new" Ampeg books available too.

Anyone know of other amp history/reference books like these?

My Peavey book:
    3439585199_94c75d1e1b.

3439585209_1b9d8d7d52_o.

The Ampeg book:
    FCoversm.

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    What I liked about the part of the book I read was the insight into technical and market advancements. It had a lot more depth than the many glossy photos would seem to indicate.

3. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    Another book that looks good: Jim Marshall - The Father of Loud: The Story of the Man Behind the World's Most Famous Guitar Amplifiers

[​IMG]