Cool Apps?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Axtman, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Are there any cool music related I-phone/I-touch apps that you guys would recommend? :D

2. The Rhythm tap program.

3. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    There's a lot!

Multitrack is one of my favorites.It's a 16 track recorder (32 tracks stereo!) that works great.

Xewton music studio is cool too.That's a 32 track sequencer app with a keyboard & many instrument voicings.If you could do vocals on it it would be almost perfect.

Both of these apps are expensive for apps but still under 20 bucks.

The Peterson strobe app works great.Also check out Gig Baby.That's a 99 cent four track recorder with some pretty good drum sounds (actually recorded off a real drum kit) you can use.You can also get the Real Book as an app.I've used that a lot.Instead of carrying a big book around I use my phone.It's full of Jazz standards & you can transpose the chart to almost any key by pressing the screen.

There's a lot of free apps too.CBC radio(Canadian radio.Tons of stations & lots of music),WFMU radio (America's greatest freeform radio.Allkinds of out there stuff)& KCRW radio(LA's coolest) are all free.Another free app is Wolfgang's Vault with all kinds of live concert recordings.

I'm just scratching the surface. I don't even own a computer. I do all this stuff off my Iphone 3g.

4. Shazam ends a whole lot of dumb discussions of whomever is playing that song on the radio while you're driving around.

5. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I use beatmaker, it's similar to xewton but I like it a bit better (it's $19.95). also, in my opinion Midomi's Soundhound works better and does more than Shazam.

6. I have an HTC Eris and there is a neat free tuner app called g-strings. Works pretty good.

7. Ef4

Ef4

Jul 28, 2009
    guitar toolkit is probably the best bass/guitar app its really cool check it out....it has a tuner, scales, chords, and a metronome:bassist:

8. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Now how is it that capitalization and open-spaced paragraphs work well on your iPhone, yet seemingly on no one else's? ;)

9. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    Trial and error.

It also helps that I'm a very slow typist!

By the way the Xewton music studio app has a 122 track sequencer not 30 something like I posted earlier. It's dropped five bucks in price too.

I want that Mellotron app!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 16, 2021